The Kenora Catholic District School Board functions in accordance with the Policy Governance Model. The Board has developed a set of policies
that highlight and support the very important governance function of the Kenora Catholic District School Board.
Following is a list of governing principles of the Board:
- The Board will govern with a faith-filled strategic perspective while continually striving to express its Catholic values and vision
- Board members understand that the Board is governed by the Education Act and it's Regulations. The authority of the Board rests with the Board and not individual trustees.
- The Board views its Director of Education, as a key partner on the board team and seeks his or her participation and input on all board business
- Board members will strive to build consensus on issues and recognize that they must support the majority decision
- Board members agree to work co-operatively with the Director of Education and Chair in formulating the agenda and all matters of business
- Board members will strive to understand other board members' concerns and interests. This builds cohesiveness and leads to a greater spirit of service.
- The Board understands the importance of a positive public perception of the Kenora Catholic District School Board, it is important to share information with all partners, while maintaining the confidentiality of the Board.