Municipal and School Board Elections 2018
Election Day is October 22, 2018
On October 22, Catholic School Board elections will be held throughout Ontario and it's important to ensure that you are accurately recorded on the voters' list. The voice and vote of Catholic ratepayers is important to the future of our Catholic schools. In order to vote for a Catholic trustee, you must be registered as a Separate School Supporter.
To make the process of verifying support easier for voters, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) has created voterlookup.ca
, all Ontario residents can check to ensure that their information is accurately reflected on MPAC’s Preliminary List of Electors for the municipal and school board elections.
- Visit voterlookup.ca to confirm information and follow the easy steps published on the website.
- Make corrections as necessary. Only separate school supporters can vote for Catholic trustees.
Recent legislative amendments have resulted in changes to the election calendar.
- Start of Nominations/Campaign Beginning is May 1, 2018 (moved from January 1).
- Nomination Day/Close of Nominations is July 27, 2018 (moved from end of September).
- Election Day is October 22, 2018.
- Term Start Date remains December 1, 2018.
Catholic Trustee Resources
Additional information is available at the Ontario Catholic School Trustees' Association.
Ontario Education Services Corporation Resources
Additional information for trustee candidates and voters is available at:www.elections.ontarioschooltrustees.org/